I'm usually not one for using 'mock' food language as I'm very inspired by eating real raw and vegan food, however this one just reminds me so much of eating tuna as a young girl, and I used to love it!
Nowadays, with the level of toxicity in the oceans, and the lack of fish available for the water life alone to survive, it is nice to have a similar texture and taste to the deliciously creamy tuna salads I once knew as a kid.
This dish gets its similar texture to tuna by using sunflower seeds - amazing for your health and dulse flakes.
1.5 cups sunflower seeds (soaked 2-3 hrs)
2-3 stalks celery, chopped or sliced fine
1/4 white onion, chopped
2 tbs dried dill
2 tbs dulse (you can add more for a more 'fishy flavour)
Creamy Mayo Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked 1 hr)
3/4 cup coconut water
1 tsp mustard
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Make the Salad:
1. Rinse and wash the sunflower seeds and then process in your food processor until they become almost like a paste. Not quite though, as it is nice to have a few bits left in there. Place in a salad bowl.
2. Add the other salad ingredients and mix up well.
Make the Dressing:
1. Blend all dressing ingredients in a high speed blended until it is nice and creamy. Add more coconut water for a nice consistency. This should pour over your salad like a creamy sauce but not too think
2. Pour the dressing over your salad and mix well.
You can enjoy this one in many ways:
• On its own
• In some nori wraps
• In some cabbage or vine leaf wraps
• As a dip with some raw carrot and/or broccoli sticks/pieces
• On some crackers with sliced tomatoes and fresh herbs on top!
I'm sure you will find some of your own original ways to enjoy this delicious salad.